Monday, April 7, 2008

Pasta party !!!

Few days ago I've asked my friend bloggers for help: I needed recipes for pasta dishes to be used in a pasta party.

I've received a lot of recipe and it was really hard for me to choose. At the beginning, I was supposed to choose only three recipe, but since I've got so many delightful ideas, I've decided to pick 5 recipes. Plus, I made the mac and cheese for the children at the party.

The choice has been based on easy accessibility to the ingredients, easy to prepare in advance and, most of all, the ones more close to the knowledge of Italian food among my American friend. So something familiar to them, but with a twist and very close to the Italian tradition.

 presentazione party pasta

Recipes

To get the recipe, simply follow the link. In case you don't have a translator and you need help with a translation, please feel free to write to me and I'll send it to you!

Involtini di melanzane ripieni di Ema - Nonsisamai

Eggplant parmesan rolls stuffed with rigatoni pasta

There is no link for this recipe, but just the comment left from the author:

Slice the eggplant, flour them and wash in beaten eggs and fry. Let cool down. Cook "al dente'" rigatoni pasta and dress them with a simple tomato sauce. Put 4-5 rigatoni on each slice of fried eggplant and roll it. Layer them on a greased baking pan. Top each with a slice of mozzarella cheese; then cover everything with the rest of the tomatoes sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and fresh basil and bake until the mozzarella cheese will melt.

Lasagna al forno di Elga- Semi di papavero

This is the original recipe for the Italian lasagna.

Gnocchi 'ncaciati di Cuochetta - Un diavolo per fornello

Baked potatoes dumpling with broccoli and sheep cheese.

I've made few changes: I've used gnocchi instead of orecchiette pasta and I've used a greek sheep cheese, called myzithra.

Mac & cheese

Crostata di tagliatelle di Unika - I piaceri della vita

Tagliatelle pie with ham and peas

I've used a package of spinach tagliatelle (similar to fettuccine) and one of simple egg tagliatelle to create a visual effect!

Spaghetti alla carbonara di Aiuolik - Trattoria Muvara

I've used a light beer instead of white wine.

 

Thank you for sharing your recipe with me!!!

8 comments:

ivana said...

Hi..
wonderful and very interesting!
I'll read often!
Thanks

Ivana

Mammazan said...

Cara Imma
Grazie per la visita
Ma dimmi in America i bagel devono eseere super.
Fatti dare la ricetta.
Guarda che ci conto.
Baci
Grazia

Gunther K.Fuchs said...

have you a nice blog, see you gunther

Swati: Sugarcraft India said...

A lovely read Imma and the recipes look good!!

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi Imma
Thanks for passing by my blog. It led me to your blog and i am impressed by the qulaity of your posts. Very interesting and much to learn from you !

andrea matranga said...

ciao sei fantastica. farai impazzire tutti i tuoi clienti. un bacio.


p.s. se ti serve un socio fai un fischio

*L@DY H@RRISON° said...

wow! che meraviglia!!! perfetto!!! una squisitezza!!!!!!
che bel blog!!
ciao!!
;)

MaƂgorzata said...

You have very nice blog
I invite:
The team of the gallery is announcing the competition: MY DREAM SWEATER
Conditions of the participation:
1.The first stage.
- to draw the sweater, which are you dreaming of, the project must be original, not copied from exist/existed projects.
- to send till the date 31 of October, till hour 00:00 to the address:
dzianamafia(AT)gmail(DOT)com
2. The second stage:
- the jury which will be composed soon will assess works and will choose 4 winners.
The first award: sweater made by the Mafia, according to the project of the winner.
The second award – 100 PLN of discount for shopping in the store of the Mafia.
The third award – 80 PLN of discount
The fourth award – 50 PLN of discount.
We reserve the right to dismember awards differently.
Members of a family of the Mafia cannot participate in the competition.

Knitted Mafia - is more than the handicraft gallery - it is a real knitting family grouping people from entire Poland – there you will find works created with all knitting techniques, beginning from socks through the interior decor of insides and finishing on toys. It is unbelievable it is a real KNITTING MAFIA. www.dzianamafia.pl

Have a nice day, Gosia from Poland
http://antymalgo.blox.pl/html

 
◄Design by Pocket