Monday, January 21, 2008

Taste of home

Hello everybody!

I've managed to put my hands on a pc and I'm taking the opportunity to say ''hi'' to you guys who take the time to read about my little daily things.
After a long and tiring flight, I've finally reached my town home. And immediately I've been put k.o. from a bad flu's virus, called Pacific. I don't know who was the stupid that gave that name to this virus, because it is everything, but pacific!!!!
Anyway, even though I've been sick for almost two weeks, during which I even lost my voice (unbelieveble!!!!), I still managed to cook something.


My first approach has been a sort of rustic cookies, that remind me of the smell and the flavors of the just past Christmas, but also the view of the white Alps that I've enioyed from the plane.
So, here they are my

White cookies with dates and tangerine


Ingredients:

200 gr all purpose flour
3 egg whites
50 gr butter
80 gr sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
150 gr finely chopped dates
50 gr candied tangerine or orange
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
powdered sugar as needed

Mix all the ingredients, except the powdered sugar, and get a smooth dough. Cover with pelicula and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Take a small piece of dough, roll it out and shape it in a small cilinder and then fold it in a halfmoon shape. Roll the cookies in abundant powdered sugar and bake it (on baking sheet covered with parchment paper) at 350 F until nice golden.

1 comment:

kke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
◄Design by Pocket