Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pomegranate sangria

I've made this wonderful sangria for the Christmas  party I've talked before. After I saw it in TV, made from chef Bobby Flay, I couldn't resist. and since my blogger friend are organizing a virtual Christmas luncheon, inviting everybody to participate, bringing in something, I thought that this one could be perfect for an appetizer, to be served with all the wonderful food my blogger friend have already prepared and also for a midnight toast.

And careful everybody: you won't realize immediately, but it hit your head as you couldn't believe!!!!

Salute to you'll!!!!

 pomegranate sangria (3)

 

 

1 bottle fruity red wine (I've used Rjoia 2004, Spain)
2 cups pomegranate juice
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup Triple Sec
1/4 cup simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves, cooled)
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1 large orange, halved and thinly sliced
1 green apple, cored, halved and thinly sliced
1 cup red grapes, sliced in 1/2

 

Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 48 hours before serving. Serve over ice.

1 comment:

christian said...

ecco l'aperitivo per il pranzo di natale! grazie!

 
◄Design by Pocket