Monday, November 5, 2007

Trout amandine on cedar plank


Few days ago, my husband came back from a fishing trip, bringing with him few nice trout's fillets.
My unconditioned love for the bbq would have like grill the fish the way it was, but my innate passion for experimentation tells me differently. So, I've decided to try a recipe that I've recently tasted in a restaurant, but in the grilled version. I'm talking about the trout amandine, a French dish very famous in Louisiana due to the Creole population. Originally, the recipe includes few ingredients: flour (that in my case I didn’t use), lemon juice, parsley and trout (or sole) of course. The procedure is quite simple, but I’ve decide to give it a twist: cooking it on a cedar plank.

For this recipe I don’t have a precise amount of the ingredients, since is really to personal taste the flavoring. So just follows these simple directories:
  • Wash the fillets and pat them dry. Season them with salt and pepper, brush with butter and drizzled with lemon juice.
  • In the meantime, melt more butter in a pan with few tablespoon of lemon juice; stir in the sliced almond and let them get toasted.

  • Place 2 fillet on a cedar plank (previously soaked in water for at least 1 hour). Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top and top each fillet with some almonds and butter.

  • Cook the fish on the grill – with the lid on – for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.

  • I've served the fish with grilled white asparagus and bok choy and I've accompanied with a French white wine, the Fleur de Bernon.

    No comments:

     
    ◄Design by Pocket