Friday, November 9, 2007

Mustard crusted rack of lamb

It hard for me to believe that I've felt in love with the lamb!!! I don't know if it was because I've tasted it for the first time in a very special occasion or because the chef cooked it so gooooood....!!!!
Anyway, considering that I've grown up in a family (I'm talkin the all clan of 50 people: cousin, aunts, uncles etc) where lamb wasn't really present on our table (except for an uncle who' s from Puglia, an Italian southern region, where is common to consume lamb), for me it's has been harder to even think to cook it!!! Actually everybody raised their own pigs, turkeys, rabbit, hens for the eggs and rooster, while we use to get the beef from our friendly farmer; so we were used to eat whatever we produced. And lamb wasn't included!
Anyway, yesterday, while I was wandering among the aisles of the grocery store, my eyes went on this beautiful rack of lamb, perfect size to handle and really inviting!
So I said to myself "why not, let's give it a try!!!" and remembering a preparation that I saw in tv few days agos (what a coincidence!!!) I've finally cooked my first lamb!!!
This recipe is really easy, no messy at all and elegant, perfect for a formal dinner (of course, the guest should like the lamb!!!)



Ingredients for 2:

1 lb rack of lamb
2 big tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped

Preheat oven at 425 F.
Mix the mustarl, garlic and rosemary together (for a less grainy paste, blend the igredients together.
Season the rack with salt and rub with the mustard; put the rach bone down in a pan that can go in the oven and roast the rack for 40 minute (medium rare). Remove from oven, cover with aluminu foil and let rest for 10-15 minutes (to allow the juices to redistribuite inside the meat). Slice it and serve!

I've serve the lamb with 1 purple cauliflower sautee' in few tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon anchovies paste, 1 handful of sliced kalamata olives amnd 1 teaspoon minced garlic.

Enjoy it!

2 comments:

Saffron said...

I love lamb and I feel thid purple cauliflower improves the recipe!
Great job!!

Imma said...

Thank you so much!

 
◄Design by Pocket